Thursday 25 July 2019

Joy, Peace, and Harmony!

Hello and thank you so much for visiting me.  My card today was made for the lovely and talented Anne at Redanne whose birthday it was recently. 

I chose the words cause my card is an underwater scene and joy, peace, harmony seemed perfect.  We need more of that in everyday life too I feel!




The background is one I had already inked in my pile of pre inked watercolour card, I used Distress Oxides is blues and greens. I added the waves using a new stencil by Craft Emotions.  The jelly fish and seahourse are both Lavina stamps in Versafine Clair Monarch and the seaweed, which is actually Lavinia's Snow Shrub, stamped in Garden Patina Archival ink.  The words are from a very old Debbie Moore clear stamp set and the mermaid is a die from The Works.  I covered her tail in Stickles and in real life is sparkles beautifully in lots of different shades but definitely lots of green tones. The sparkle doesn't show much in the photo, sorry!  The seahorse and jelly fish are Stickled too.  The white twine and little anchor charm finish it off.  The card base is 8 x 8 inch.  I am disappointed with the photo of this card, I took loads but none came out very well - it looks so much nicer in real life!

I would like to enter the following challenges:

Allsorts Challenge Blog - Charms.
Country View Challenges - Blues and Greens.

Thank you again for visiting me.  I hope your week is going well.

Take care!  Christine xxx

12 comments:

Redanne said...

I love my beautiful card Chris and you are right, the photo does not do it justice, it really is beautifully sparkly. Thank you so much for thinking of me and sending me such a beauty! I love it! Hugs, Anne xx

brenda said...

It's a lovely card Christine and the Mermaid is a real beauty with such an
ethereal look, many thanks for joining in with our 'Charms' theme at Allsorts challenge.

B x

Mervi said...

Gorgeous mermaid card!
Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

Mummylade said...

What a lovely scene. Thank you so much for entering our challenge at Allsorts this week.

Craftyfield said...

Lovely underwater scene with great details, I love the mermaid shape and her shiny tail! Thanks for joining us at Country View Challenges this month.

Mac Mable said...

Such a stunning card with great scene making. The mermaid's tail is fabulous and the sentiment is perfect x

Anita in France said...

What delicious, shimmery sparkle on that mermaid, Chris ... a fabulous and wonderfully detailed underwater scene ... the little charm is a great touch! Hugs, Anita :)

Anne said...

I think Anne was a lucky lady to receive such a beautiful card Chris, this is lovely
Enjoy your week
Anne x

Monika Gulyas said...

Fabulous underwater scene!!! Thank you for joining the July challenge of the Country View Challenges!

Corrie Herriman said...

Lovely ! Thanks for joining my challenge at Country View Challenges ! Corrie x

Jester said...

I love the mermaid's sparkly tail and I like the seahorse too! You have created a great under-water effect, Chris. A lovely card. Jx

Darnell said...

My company is gone and I'm back from a week in the Midwest visiting my sisters so I am slowly catching up on my visits! I think this card is PERFECT for our friend, Annie! You know how she loves anything nautical! You did an amazing work of art, Chris, and I love your choice of the beautiful words for your sediment!! Hugs, Darnell