Saturday 13 July 2019

Happy Birthday With Border Dies!

Hello and welcome to my blog.  Thank you so much for visiting me.  My card today is made with no stamping or ink at all, just die cuts and snippets of left over card and patterned paper.


I started off by making the background by die cutting seven layers of patterned paper, all from snippets of paper left over from a very old  (and large) 12 x 12 paper pad.  They were cut using dies from a new edger die set from The Works which is fabulous and includes 9 different dies.  I cut the layers to size first, then die cut them and glued them together and added them to my black card base.  The 'Happy Birthday' is cut using Spellbinders Sentiment Three set and the butterflies are from Sizzix Butterfly Frenzy Decorative Strip die.  I was going to add further embellishment but decided I liked it just as it is.

I would like to enter the wonderful Di's fabulous Snippets Challenge  -  my whole card is made up of snippets! 

Thank you so much for visiting me and I hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Take care!  Christine xxx

10 comments:

dutchess said...

A lovely way of using up snippets...and a pretty card to show for it...love those boarder dies CHRIS... I never get to the works these days ours only seems to stock children’s stuff....hope you are enjoying your weekend xxxx

Redanne said...

Chris, this is such a wonderful way to use up those snippets of paper. I love how you layered them, I can just imagine how tactile the card is. The butterflies, of course, are gorgeous! Hugs, Anne xxx

Janis said...

Love this so much, Chris!! I have been meaning to do something similar for the longest time with a similar set of border dies I have...although it doesn't have as many different designs as your beautiful set. Thank you for the inspiration. This is gorgeous.

Hope you are getting ready for the Cat Lovers Hop in October....our 5th one!!!
<3 J

jwoolbright at gmail dot com
HerPeacefulGarden.blogapot.com

Anita in France said...

How pretty, Chris ... sweet patterns, dainty lacy borders, delicate butterflies ... and the scripty sentiment is the perfect finishing touch! Anita :)

Mac Mable said...

Great use of those papers and love all those die cut edges. The black die cuts of the sentiment and butterflies really do pop against the stunning background. One very creative and unique card and such a fabulous design x

Sandma's Handmade Cards said...

A clever use of the border dies and I really like the black silhouette of the butterflies against them x

Liz McGuire, said...

Love the effect you get from the edger dies, lovely card, Liz x

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

Wonderful creation, what a beautiful combination of borders.
Big hugs Anja

Di said...

Wonderful card Chris and such a super way to use up snippets. I want to reach through the screen and feel those different layers!

Hugs

Di xx

Jester said...

What a great way to use left-over card and the border dies give a great finish. A wonderful card! Jx